Sound Art Project

The sound art blogpost I did with my group, Michael and Ernest was the sound effects of a mafialike scene. Most of the sound effects came from YouTube and we made five ourselves.


The planning stage was minimal since we already agreed on making the assassin clip and the discussion didn't take long unless we were debating on how the D.I.Y. sound effects were going to be formed. The changes made was the addition of Michael's voiceover, burning the house, and a sound effect being the scream. The difficulties involved me not having a phone, being unable to scream because of my sore throat, Ernest being the only one able to edit the sounds, and Michael being unable to record himself driving and stepping on leaves.

My thoughts on this project was that it was time taking and insightful because the sound effects in total was only a minute and thirty-one seconds long but took weeks to complete. It really puts into perspective the works movie producers - especially indie ones - do to make their creative ideas morph into a work of art that people can enjoy and re-watch.


Comments